Saturday, March 15, 2008

Directions...

I just realized that the things I often feel like I need a break from are the same things I miss the most when they are gone. For instance, 6 AM Saturday morning long runs. During running season I get into a routine of drinking extra water and going to bed early on Friday nights, but always think that what I really need is a break from my routine. Well I have had over a month without a single early morning Saturday run and today I realized that it is what I am missing. It is the reason I feel a bit off. Probably the reason my jeans are a little tight too! This happens with people too, especially people you are dating. Sometimes a little alone time sounds so wonderful. Then after a week or so, you end up wanting nothing more than that same person to come home. The weird part is that I never seem to see this coming. In fact, I don't think you can predict this feeling....you just have to relax and go with how you feel. Then when you realize you were heading in the wrong direction, you can adjust your path with the confidence that you are making the correct decision.

2 comments:

Brianne Skidmore said...

Yve!
My oldest friend! How are you? It seems from your posts that you are doing amazing and you look fantastic.
Thanks for the nice comment about my mom. She was great and had I known how to get a hold of you, I definately would have called. She always loved you.
Keep in touch and I'll do the same.
BTW- Where are you living, now?

Urban Gypsies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.