Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Florist




I just went to lunch at a restaurant that I have only been to a couple of times, over four years ago. This restaurant is in a neighborhood that I never go to...the avenues and I am stick to the streets...being an East valley girl at heart. Anyway, I was obviously in a very random location. My lunch date was a friend that I have known since kindergarten. She is one of the people who knows me best in the world. Then the weirdest thing happened, my next door neighbor walked in. And I live in a high rise building....so picture a hotel and we have hotel rooms next to each other. I know who he is dating (she was with him), I know he goes to work at 7 AM and he wears blue scrubs (we share an elevator) and that he loves to eat takeout pizza from dive Italian restaurants and works out without his glasses on the elliptical trainer three times a week. OK, so now I am thinking....if I know this much about this guy (although strangely enough....I can't recall his name) imagine what he would tell you about me!! So now I am in the random restaurant with one of my best friends and neighbor....and in walks my BROTHER!!! Seriously....how weird! So here I am surrounded by three people who know more about me than anyone else in the world....and I am sitting down at the computer wondering who I am and what I have to write today? Maybe I should have asked them.... Or maybe not....since that is one of my favorite parts of being single; finding out what my life looks like when I am the only one making the decisions.

2 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

Hi Yve,
Its Alicia Gerard (Corys wife). I ran across your blog and saw you just started. Its is addicting I will admit. I will add you and love to see what you are up to. Keep in touch.

Brianne Skidmore said...

So true, right? It's always my husband who tells me I look pretty after I've all but broken out into tears over my bad hair day, or my neighbor who tells me how thoughtful I can be. Me? Seriously?
They're not always right, but, it would be interesting to see ourselves thru someone elses eyes every now and then.
I'm sure that you know yourself better than you think.