Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not His Type

Not his type. That is what one of my friends said to me today. Right before he asked me for the third time in ten minutes if I was intrested in going on a date, having an office romance or both. My answer was consistent....No. That is until the third time when he added the interesting tid bit about me and what "type" I was. Well he did not say what type I was, but he sure seemed to have a opinion. That is what was so interesting to me. REally interesting let me tell you. Which is unfortunate on two accounts. First, I was at work under a pile of audit reports and looming deadlines which were beginning to suffer even futher now that I was distracted and interested. And second, he finally had my attention and thus control of the interaction. I like to be in charge especially....well, always. So I asked him for details about me. I mean seriously, why would I ask this guy who barely knows me to tell me about myself. Yet I did, matched his three atempts before I finally got the guy to crack. I think I might have even had to mention something about how I would go on a date with him if a: we did not work together b: he did not have a girlfriend (classy, huh?) and c: he could explain in excrutiating detail (ok just explain) what "type" I am. This is what I got, "It is you and it is hot and all but guys pay for things for you and that is a total turn off." WHAT?!?! How can what someone else does make me a type?! He continued (without prodding this time) digging the hole which would seal the fate of us never going on a date had one of us (him) gotten fired, dumped his girlfriend and sent all of the snow pilled up on the roof of my car to freeze the place of no angels, that he liked how I was independent and took care of myself and all but just would never buy a girl a plane ticket or pay for two dinners in a row. And that is when I got it. It was about him, not me. OK, well maybe it was a little bit about me and I did ask right? And the warning label was there although in my defense it takes some time to translate , "If you are not interested in me than it is irrelevent" into the true meaning....brace yourself, this might hurt. But the truth always does, or usually does. Sometimes hurts? What do they say? Anyway, it did hurt. So I decided to thank him and move on. Wondering where to send my mail from now on? (Which seriously don't you think the Egypt pics are comment worthy? There are only one of the 7 wonders of the world and all! I am getting tempted to post some old shots of the grand canyon just to see if 2/7 of the world's wonders would be comment worthy.) OK, I am not. But I bet the man who received my invitation to share a pizza after work, "since I still owe him dinner and all" is wondering what "type" of girl I am. Not that I am asking!!! Thank you very much...

1 comment:

bryn rathvon said...

this guy sounds like a jerk and not really worth another moment of your time. Or, perhaps this is a perfect example of something being lost in translation....