Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Truth

Winter is so mean. No, actually winter is beautiful and kind and exciting and fills me with child-like enery each snow filled morning. But fall is such a tease that it makes a beautiful woman like winter seem like a lot of work. Fall with her carefree tempatures that allow you to forget your coat or bundle up with a purple scarf just because you had an extra five minutes to accessorize. Fall with her store windows full of boots and coats that you just know you will look smashing in for months to come. Fall that is crisp and orange and filled with the promise of a glam winter wordrobe that will check the bill of you finally becoming a true sophisticated woman. It was fall that I put my flip flops away for. Fall that I traded my heels into flats for. FALL that I spent all my money on boots for!!!!! And now she is gone. And will she ever even come back? Can spring take her place? Surely my boots will look great in spring I tell myself as I pull on my "winter" boots and zip up my "winter" coat.

No comments: